Sunday, May 20, 2012

BACK TO SCHOOL


KI! (HI!)… After a full 3 weeks of holiday, in which I spent my time hopping from place to place in Uganda, and another week of rest trying to recover from my deadly disease that I caught… malaria! I survived. Clearly. Actually, I thank God because my case of malaria wasn’t bad at all. I got a fever on Monday, and that’s when they detected the malaria! I started taking the medicines to cure it, and the remainder of the week; I didn’t have any more symptoms! If you don’t count fatigue, of course.
So, this post is supposed to inform everyone (if you haven’t found out already by Facebook) that I am BACK and running… with more energy than ever! Back in full throttle… back on my normal schedule; school (Monday-Friday), with various ministries scattered throughout the weekdays. I’ve decided to have bible study with the high school girls every Tuesday and Thursday, and I’m planning to go through the attributes of God on Tuesday, and then on Thursday I’ll take them through a few chapters of my “Spiritual Disciplines” book with the couple weeks I have left! I regret not being this motivated to study earlier on. On Sunday, I’ve resumed the bible study with the kids that stay at Zana when school is in full swing. And, last of all, an addition to the ministries I’m doing, the Sunday school teachers have been asking me to assist them in teaching some Sundays… so, that’s what I’ve done these past two! The first Sunday I was with the kiddy kids, and today I was with the older, more comprehensive kids! I learned that I have a MUCH easier, more enjoyable time with these responsive children!
-storypause-

on Friday, the head of the middle school Sunday school class asked if I could fill in for her Sunday… so, of course I readily agreed! My impression of this Sunday school class was that only 5 or 6 kids attended every week. I had visited the class a couple times before, and that was the number that always showed up! I had a lesson planned in advance, not knowing that I would be teaching, but God knew! On Sunday, as I walked towards the classroom, I quickly found out  (from the flock of kids walking along side me) that THIS Sunday, a LOT more decided to show up… in a few minutes I was standing in front of a whole herd of children, counting maybe 40-45. I was to say the least SURPRISED, and feeling quite incapable to do this job, all of a sudden getting KIINDA stage fright as all the kids blankly stared at me. BUT, I had to pause for a second, this was a temptation to get fearful, and give a rushed message in this wonderful opportunity to share VERY important news to these kids that have been graciously entrusted to me, by God Himself! And Hey, why was I here in the first place?! As I prayed silently, and went ahead to teach these kids about God’s omnipotence, I found words flowing out of my mouth like rushing water! It was amazing! Just like when He promised Moses that He would be speaking the words the whole time, God spoke through me! Even afterwards, a Sudanese girl (maybe 13 or 14, but ridiculously tall—all Sudanese are--) was walking back to church with me, and was telling me that she wants to learn more about God, and she would like me to teach her!! What a gift! So, I plan on spending time with this girl (Sarah), pray for her!

-resuming-

You must be wondering, why am I just now getting so active? Well, the realization that I’m leaving in 2.5 weeks is hitting me, and I want to be able to serve God here with as much UMPH as I got left!
Besides my various ministries, I also have a personal ministry that continues to challenge me! The ministry I’m talking about is with my friends that I’ve grown so close with! I mean, I did not imagine I would become such good friends with these three girls! When I think about leaving, it makes my heart so sad, knowing I’ll be leaving my girls… without knowing when I’ll see them again! It’s the same horrid situation every time someone leaves for good. Because of this, I’ve been trying to encourage them as much as I can… using these last days to be beneficial times! And I hope that through our practice of getting together and reading the word, and talking about God, they will continue the practice even when I go… I hope with all my heart that this would happen! I love them, and I want to see them have a passion for God! So they can go and minister to the same young girls I have been spending time with! My hope is the same for the younger girls as well… ACTUALLY, all the girlies! HAHAHA!

Alright, until next time… Won’t be long before I see all of you in flesh and blood as well, Lord willing! ;)
<3 always, Teacher sahra

No comments:

Post a Comment