Thursday, March 15, 2012

WABALE YESU

Wabale yesu means “thank you jesus” in Luganda. The one phrase I came to Africa knowing, not because I have a good memory (definitely not that), but because it’s a song the kids sing here. So I once sang this song every Sunday eight years ago.
The reason I am “thanking Jesus” specifically on this certain day, is because today marked that one month out of my 4 month adventure is up. At this point, I truly feel sad about this fact. I love it here… and it feels like one month has gone by much too fast!
Going on, there are SO many things to be thankful to God for during this past, experimental month. And I’d like to post a couple of them on here… so we can praise God together!
·      My health. I honestly expected to get here and quickly fall ill due to foreign foods, different weather, strange creatures (etc..). But, in fact I haven’t gotten sick once! AMAZING!  With the exception of a tiny cold, that I quickly got over. WABALE YESU!
·      God providing lovely friends (old & new) that are my age, that love the Lord, and have genuinely cared and looked out for all my needs during this first month. I’m so thankful for them, and all the joy that is produced in my life because of them! I am also EXTREMELY thankful for all my friends and family back home… Because, they’re encouragement (even though its through the internet) has lifted me up immensely! On the days where I feel like a complete failure, I would go on the internet, never failing to find a sweet note from at least SOMEONE! I love you all… and miss you! WABALE YESU!
·      For Gods faithfulness! Even though I constantly fall short, He forgives and even picks me up because He cannot deny His nature. There have been countless days where I let fear overwhelm me, but there is never a time when God has turned His back because I have such a lack of faith. He’s my best friend, father, and Lord. It’s only through His strength that I’ve survived all these days, through His strength that I’ve had joy and through His strength that I am here. WABALE YESU!

1 comment:

  1. Wabale Yesu!
    dude, we miss you Tessara, I hope you're enjoying your time out there. I'm so glad God is using you like this! you are incredible and God is way more incredible, praise be to our God our father and Christ Jesus our Savior, Redeemer, and Friend ! God is all ways there, with full knowledge of all your needs. Just remember that when you feel overwhelmed.
    Love,
    your Brother Jonathan

    ReplyDelete